Exactech, a developer and producer of innovative implants, instrumentation, and smart technologies for joint replacement surgery, announces 510(k) clearance of the Equinoxe® Planning App (v. 2.0).
The latest version reveals many new features, including:
- The ability to pre-operatively plan humeral implant options to model the best fit for each patient’s unique anatomy:
- Select from a range of humeral stem components
- Adjust humeral head offset/position in anatomic procedures
- Alter humeral trays and liners in reverse procedures
- The ability to assess shoulder range of motion and impingement
- Visual enhancements for clarity and ease of use
Senior Vice President of Extremities, Chris Roche said, “Exactech is driven to create new solutions that enhance our surgeons’ surgical experiences. The Equinoxe Planning App’s newest update helps surgeons plan and select various implant types and sizes for the scapula and humerus based on a patient’s specific boney morphology to facilitate planning of impingement-free movement.”
U.S. surgeons can expect availability in the second quarter of this year. International market clearance is targeted for the third quarter. The Equinoxe Planning App can be used with ExactechGPS Shoulder navigation and is available in more than a dozen countries around the globe. Explore all of Exactech’s Active Intelligence® technologies at www.AISurgeon.com.