Teleflex has announced that it is combining its leading industry clinical education with the digital platform of Explorer Surgical, a GHX company. This collaboration will provide Urologists expanded access to interactive training and remote learning opportunities for the Teleflex UroLift® System.
The Explorer Live cloud-based digital platform communicates critical information through an interactive digital playbook, enabling surgical teams to access customized information for specific team roles. The platform facilitates UroLift System trainer collaboration with Urology surgical teams during live procedures from anywhere in the country through remote video connectivity.
“Our clinical teams are able to reinforce the best practices and techniques for the UroLift System, and ultimately help clinicians become more proficient with the device so they can achieve better patient outcomes,” said Kevin Hardage, President and General Manager of Interventional Urology at Teleflex. “This innovative platform makes it easy for us to provide support where and when it is needed.”
“We have seen a tremendous response to Explorer Live from both our teams out in the field and the medical community they serve. And we are excited to offer physicians high quality remote learning opportunities that can increase BPH patient access to effective treatment with the UroLift System,” said Dale Zunke, Director of Clinical Affairs at Teleflex.
“We are pleased to support Teleflex in its commitment to achieving the best outcomes for patients,” said Jennifer Fried, general manager, Explorer Surgical, a GHX company. “This is an exciting opportunity for us to showcase how useful the platform can be in the urology specialty and demonstrate the need for innovative workflow and case support tools.”
With Explorer Live, all the processes and workflows of the UroLift System procedure are accessible before a surgical team performs any procedure. Through the platform, surgeons can:
- Access images, PDFs, and videos about the UroLift System, surgical techniques, and a step-by-step workflow for each team member. The digital playbook is customized to the clinical team’s role, procedure type, and surgeon preferences.
- Broadcast in real-time to provide clinical education, remote collaboration, or demonstrations.
- Capture robust video and procedural data to be used by the surgeon or in partnership with a medical device company for performance tracking, identifying opportunities to reduce variability, post-market feedback and analysis, and future product development.
The UroLift System is a minimally invasive treatment for lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It can result in rapid relief and recovery for men living with symptoms of an enlarged prostate,1 and provides an alternative therapy with a risk profile better than reported for surgical procedures such as TURP.2 The UroLift permanent implants are delivered during an outpatient procedure and relieve prostate obstruction without cutting, heating, or removing prostate tissue.
For more information on UroLift, visit urolift.com. To learn more about Explorer Live, visit explorersurgical.com.
* No instances of new, sustained erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction in the L.I.F.T. pivotal study.
- Roehrborn, J Urol 2013
- Sonksen, Eur Urol 2015
- AUA BPH Guidelines 2003, 2020
- McVary, J Sex Med 2016