Flexxbotics is building a new class of manufacturing software that will transform how production workers and engineers interact with industrial collaborative robots and hardware to perform their jobs. Our engineering team is tasked with developing a flexible and customizable front end interface that connects to industrial robots, sensors, machines, and controls, while providing the infrastructure for factory wide data monitoring and process control capabilities. You will be an early member of the software engineering team looking to build this system from the ground up.
We’re looking for software professionals with both the creativity and the rigor needed to develop software that meets real-world requirements.
- Develop software for Flexxbotics product platform.
- Execute on agile development methodologies and tools.
- Execute design decisions on the architecture for implementation of a browser-based solution that requires interaction with hardware.
- Actively contribute to writing, documenting, and testing code for the system.
- Assist with the creation of in-house development tools and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Contribute design documents that effectively describe what you plan to build.
- Operate outside your area of direct expertise to solve hard problems with the rest of our cross-disciplinary team.
- 2+ years of experience developing software in a production environment.
- An understanding of software development and architectural styles.
- Experience developing in Java (Spring Boot) and / or Python frameworks.
- Experience with on premise and cloud-based software solutions.
- An interest in tackling the challenges involved with building a solution from the ground up.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- An understanding of continuous integration utilizing cloud-based tools in AWS.
- Ability to invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Experience with robotics or other types of sensors and hardware.
- Experience writing software for manufacturing execution systems.
- Full-Time role.
- Combination of cash and equity compensation.