How to Mount a Micro Reaction Torque Sensor to a Brushless DC Motor
When mounting the QTA141 to a brushless DC motor you need to avoid the motor’s indirect forces influencing the measurement. Hence, the motor shaft must pass through the hollow reaction torque sensor’s through-hole without touching its inner diameter.
Learn more here: https://www.futek.com/store/custom-sensors-and-instruments/micro-reaction-torque-sensor-QTA/micro-reaction-torque-sensor-QTA141
The QTA141 micro reaction torque sensor is the smallest torque sensor in FUTEK’s catalog.
Its unique geometry allows it to fit in applications where precision closed-loop torque measurements have previously not been possible. By matching the motor/gear head assembly diameter without adding to its size, the QTA141 micro reaction torque transducer allows for precise torque measurement in a very dense array, which maximizes the real state utilization of the assembly. Its unique motor mounting provisions do not require adapters, which would increase the system’s height and weight.
• Allows for multiple mounting configurations
• Can mount directly onto a brushless DC motor
• A large ID supports the motor shaft coupler
• Very thin and flexible cable withstands the tight bending radius and physical stress associated with moving applications
• Can be integrated with electronics for custom requirements
• High precision and reliability
• Ideal for medical surgical robots or any dynamic application
• It can be modified to suit OEM applications
• Low height (10mm) allows easy integration to most joints and motor