Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Celera Motion’s precision motion control products solve challenges for technology-driven medical and advanced manufacturing original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are growing and are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Product Manager to join our high performing team and manage a product portfolio comprised of high precision motors, encoders and mechatronics with a focus on our strategic segments including robotics, satellite communications, metrology, medical and advanced industrial markets.
The ideal candidate will be a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem solving skills. The successful candidate will be a leader in understanding our market needs and will translate your market understanding into product definitions and sales tools to ensure long term product line growth and success. You should possess a blend of business and technical knowledge; have a big-picture vision and the drive to make the vision into reality.
- Identify and define the product portfolio strategy for assigned product lines
- Collaborate with your product peers to prioritize problems to solve, make trade-off decisions, and ultimately translate your priorities into product requirements.
- Be the “Product Owner” able to work through downstream tactical issues
- Build effective relationships with engineering, design, quality, sales, customer success and a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Effectively identify and manage cross-team dependencies.
- Thrive in a ‘fire-fighting’ environment for keeping products maintained including customer escalation management.
- Monitor financial KPI’s to drive product line decisions
- With guidance from the sales team, monitor and maintains the product line health, supporting long-term product viability and efficiency
- Interface and communicate regularly with stakeholders on progress and challenges
- Be a integral component of the Product Introduction Team (cross-functional internal team) comprised of non-reporting but critical groups to new launches
- Manage the product portfolio from product launch to obsolescence and complexity reduction
- Create detailed product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Prepare regular product forecasts based on customer information and market analysis
- Responsible for downstream deliverables related to life cycle plans, pricing and profit optimization
- Inform the Sales organization routinely with product updates, and develop product promotions and collateral materials with input from Marketing and Sales
- Maintain compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
- Adhere to the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
- B.S. in Engineering or other related technical degree
- 3+ years working as product owner, tactical product management or downstream product management
- Lead various functional activities through influence and set directions using a data and fact-based approach
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication / presentation skills; comfortable speaking with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized and process driven
- Experience working in high performance teams with proven track record of introducing new technical products to market
- Positive, can do attitude, strong engagement skills and ability to influence
- Drive to win, desire to work with customers
- Sense of urgency with personal commitment to the products’ market success
- Experience with setting pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Solid track record of negotiation with customers on pricing
- Displays high moral and business code of conduct
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and be flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary
- Work independently and be an excellent problem-solver. Find value in teamwork and being a team player
- Strong presentation skills to engage the attention of both customers and colleagues
- Able to effectively project the “face of Celera Motion” to customers and suppliers
- Respectful of customers, peers, subordinates and supervisors
- Solid understanding of basic financial concepts and their implications for product/business strategy
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Project
- Experience with motion control, industrial, medical or manufacturing automation products, applications and technology
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Applications engineering experience, including: Understanding customer needs, Ensuring application of the optimal product/solution, Acting as liaison between customers, sales, engineering and operations functions to resolve complex customer and product issues in high pressure situations
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other Customer Relationship Management tools
- Experience with managing strategic vendor relationships
- Passion for learning and technology
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel internationally, if required. May require up to 25% travel, including visits to different Celera facilities, strategic customers and key suppliers
- Must demonstrate proof of up to date Covid-19 vaccination status per current CDC guidelines prior to start with Company.
Novanta is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by federal law or Novanta policy.
Please call +1 781-266-5700 if you need a disability accommodation for any part of the employment process.