Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We create for our global customers engineered components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is one global team with over 26 offices located in The Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Looking for a great place to work? You have found it with a culture that embraces teamwork, collaboration and empowerment. Come explore Novanta.
Celera Motion’s precision motion control products solve challenges for technology-driven medical and advanced manufacturing original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are growing and are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Market Development Manager to join our high performing team and work with our commercial team representing a global product portfolio comprised of high precision motors, encoders, drives and mechatronics with a focus on our strategic segments including robotics, satellite communications, metrology, medical, service robotics and advanced industrial automation.
- owns the gathering and analysis of market intelligence (for the purpose of accurate and confident decision-making in determining strategy in areas such as market opportunity, market penetration strategy, and market development) including customer and application trends.
- is responsible for communicating this information to Product Managers, Sales, Marketing, Executive Management, and the greater organization.
- owns market specific trend education of the commercial team.
- provides strategic and actionable recommendations to management regarding existing large opportunity pipeline, market opportunities and portfolio gaps (quarterly market analysis, business phase reviews and strategic plans)
- will collaborate with the Product Managers, Regional Sales Managers, Marketing Managers, Key Account Managers, Engineering team members and Executive Management among others to promote and execute strategic thinking and action throughout the organization
- Identify and define the segment strategy for the Service Robots and Advanced Industrial Automation Segments
- Be integral component of the Product Introduction Team comprised of non-reporting but critical groups to new launches
- Lead organization in conjunction with Product Managers to develop and maintain market understanding of end user applications, competitive intelligence/benchmarking and customer requirements
- Support creation of detailed product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with product management to prepare regular product forecasts based on customer information and market analysis
- Analyze and report market trends, sales and competitive information
- Work with Product Management to design and create a full product line strategy to appropriately position products in relation to corporate and business unit strategic plan
- Work with Marketing team to design and execute the required actions for a successful implementation of the defined strategic plan
- Builds relationships with customers and market thought leaders and continually monitors market conditions to ensure the company maintains a sustainable competitive advantage and is prepared for market trends
- Regularly communicates voice of the customer (VOC) and market trend information to the organization and works with various functional groups to ensure multisite programs are successful
- Willingness to continually learn and educate themselves about new applications, competitors, technologies, and products
- Responsible for illustrating the sales path of products in coordination with the sales and product management teams annually and developing strategic plans to do so
- Supports Product Managers during multisite and product line opportunities and ensures alignment with program timelines
- Provides regular updates to functional leaders relative to active programs and market trends
- Works closely with engineering, finance, and product managers to match programs with the right capabilities and offerings to ensure program success and profitability
- Identify market applications and customers to target, how to filter them and drive the sales team or other channels to bring in the right opportunities
- Identify potential acquisition targets to leverage strategic plan and vision
- Travel globally as a business representative to potential customers, accounts and production locales
We are looking for a confident and highly organized self-starter with first class communication and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will be a leader in understanding our market needs and will translate the market understanding into roadmaps in coordination with our product management teams. You should possess a blend of business and technical knowledge; have a big-picture vision and the drive to make the vision into reality.
- Able to willingly shift job priorities based upon customer/organizational needs
- Strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter who finds a way to get the job done – high energy level, and persistent
- Analytical thinker who can consider problems and identify multiple solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with all kinds of people at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work through conflicts, gain trust and persuasively influence outcomes
- Comfortable operating in a complex matrix-based organization.
- Experience with motion control, industrial, medical or manufacturing automation products, applications and technology
- Passion for learning and technology
- Creativity and/or think out of the box attitude is a plus
- Learns market landscape including Celera Motion level competitors, competitor capabilities and alternate technologies.
- Completes quarterly market and pipeline reviews.
- Maintains awareness of customer needs and direction.
- Help identify and cultivate potential acquisition targets to improve offering and full gaps.
- Experience in a product environment targeted as components and/or sub-systems for sales into OEM manufacturers, or for complete OEM products for sales to end-users of such equipment highly desirable.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (advanced degree desirable) in a Technical discipline (Physical Science or Engineering) and/or a Business discipline (Administration or Marketing)
- Experience in a high technology Product or Market Management environment
- Experience in the Service Robots Segment
- 1+ years working in market development/business development/product management/product marketing/applications engineering/technical marketing role
- Familiar with a variety of marketing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Analytical and strategic skills
- Experience working in high performance teams with proven track record of introducing new technical products to market
- Positive, can-do attitude, strong engagement skills and ability to influence
- Drive to win, desire to work with customers
- Displays high moral and business code of conduct
- Work independently and be an excellent problem-solver. Find value in teamwork and being a team player
- Able to effectively project the “face of Celera Motion” to customers and suppliers
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel internationally, if required. May require up to 30% travel, including visits to different Celera facilities, trade shows, strategic customers, and key suppliers